Episode 8: Screen Captures in Mac OSX
Apple’s Mac OSX operating system has several features built in to take high quality screen captures. This episode shows you how to take several different types of screen captures in OSX as well as illustrating some educational uses for this skill.
Screen capture commands discussed:
- Command + Shift + 3 = Full screen capture saved to desktop as a .png
- Command + Shift + 4 = Allows user to draw a selection box and then capture is saved to the desktop
- Command + Shift + 4 then tap Space Bar = Mouse pointer turns to Camera icon and user can click on and take a capture of any window in OSX
- Command + Option + Shift + 3 = Full screen captured and image placed on the Clipboard ready to be pasted
- Command + Option + Shift + 4 = Allows user to draw a selection box and then capture is placed on the Clipboard ready to be pasted.